Inter-Club County Scratch League
The Trophy is the putter that belonged to Miss M Goodliff (County Champion 1937) and presented in 1997 by her niece Daphne Haddock (County Champion 1970, County Captain 1975-76) and the Past Lady Captains
The trophy is awarded to the winners of Division 1 – Current holders Gog Magog ‘A’
All matched to be played between 1st April and 30th September 2019
DIVISIONS FOR 2019
|DIVISION 1||DIVISION 2||
|Gog Magog ‘A’||Ely City||Ramsey|
|Links||Royston||Gog Magog ‘B’|
|Bourn||Brampton Park||Bourn ‘B’|
|Saffron Walden||Girton||Links ‘B’|
CONDITIONS OF PLAY
- The number of divisions will be determined by the number of teams entered each year. Each division will consist of not more than four teams, resulting in a maximum of six matches.
- All matches played off scratch. A team will consist of three playersdeclared in playing handicap order, lowest first
- Any team member not present by 15 (fifteen) minutes after the first tee time should concede her individual match to the opposition
- Matches will be played home and away, with two points for a win or a conceded match and one point for a half. The winning margin of each individual match must be recorded. No winning margin for a match conceded without being played
- In the event of a tie at the end of the season, the overall results of the teams concerned when playing each other will decide the result. If still a tie, the number of points scored against each other, then the winning margins against each other and then their total winning margins will decide. If still no decision, the Assistant Competition Secretary must ensure that a deciding match is arranged on a neutral course
- Normally,at the end of the season, the winning team in Divisions 2, 3 & 4 will move up a division and the bottom team in Divisions 1, 2 & 3 will move down a division. Note:it may become necessary to vary this condition, depending upon the total number of teams entering in the following year.
- Teams joining the league for the first time, will be assigned to the lowest division
- Matches to be played between 1stApril and 30thSeptember
- No player may represent more than one club during the season. Similarly if an individual club enters two teams, players may only play for one team
- A correctly completed copy of the result sheet is required – the form must be dated and clearly signed by both team captains. It is the responsibility of the home team captain to send this either via post or scanned as a Word document via email to the Assistance County Competition Secretary within 5 working days of the match.
Contact & Results to: Ros Grey
Assistant County Competition Secretary
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01353 662030 or 07757 947023